Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blog Assignment #4

It's Not About the Tools. It's About the Skills by Langwitches
This blog by Langwitches helped me to see that technologic skills such as podcasting offer many benefits to my future students. It helped me to realize that podcasting is more than just podcasting for students. I never knew that it could be so beneficial to students. Or at least I never thought about it.
According to Langwitches, along with podcasting skills comes a wealth of other skills for students such as: collaboration, writing, speaking, presentation, communication, media literacy, oral fluency, and others. All of these skills are beneficial and crucial to today's students. Using this technology for exploration and teaching/learning is very out of the box and creative to me. I do not see any negatives to using this technology in the classroom and honestly don't see why it isn't being used more frequently.

8 comments:

  1. I especially found interesting that podcasting can be of great help to those who are blind. You mentioned several skills that Langwitches included. All seem very important for students of all ages. I'm surprised that I have never had a class where podcasting was frequently used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean and I'm also surprised that college classes aren't completely based on technology like Dr. Strange's class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...and honestly don't see why it isn't being used more frequently" Any guesses?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are missing Blog assignments 1 and 3 as well as those added on the class blog Feb 20. You cannot afford to get behind in EDM310, Catch up while it is still possible to do so. You also should be including in your post (or in a separate post) a report on your comments4kids comments each week. Your picture should be at the top of the small column and you should add links to the class blog and your email address. You also must embed your presentation in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you pointed out that podcasting promotes creativity. It does inspire, and it should be used more frequently. Fortunately, the trend is catching on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are getting further and further behind. You must catch up and stay caught up! Now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ashley, I am to comment on your post due 2/21. If you are still hanging in there catch up. You can do it, I did. LOL Jen C : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I am trying to get caught up this week. I've been very sick lately. Blogs coming soon. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete